Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation of NY & CT’s Approach
Physical therapy is defined as the treatment of disease, injury, or deformity by physical methods such as massage, heat treatment, and exercise rather than by drugs or surgery. Physical therapy takes a personalized approach to manage a variety of conditions to achieve long-term health benefits.
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation of NY & CT is a patient focused practice. Physical therapy will be focused on the body as a whole, opposed to centralized treatment on the injury or condition. The physical therapist will listen to patient history before performing tests and measures that will thoroughly assess your condition.
Expert Physical Therapy help through every Phase
Patients are given expert help through every phase of the program. Patients will have access to:
- Fully equipped gym (World Gym Brewster),
- Private treatment rooms,
- And state of the art equipment.
Therapy will focus on the ergonomics (body mechanic training), fitness, and especially on personal education. Education is the most important part of physical therapy. Patients will learn how to keep their bodies in good physical shape as recovery will take time, diligence, and compliance.
Physical Therapy Program: What to Expect
The focus of physical therapy is on the evaluation of your:
- Range of motion
- And posture.
Working closely with patients, physical therapists design a treatment program that is geared toward reaching specific rehabilitation goals. Utilizing physical examination information, the physical therapist will build an appropriate therapy program. Physical therapy will take place in a nurturing and supportive environment. As progress is made through the physical therapy plan, mobility and comfort will increase.
Tests will be conducted to determine your condition
There may be testing for muscle strength, joint motion, sensory and neurological conditions, as well as coordination and balance tests. The physical therapist will design a complete physical therapy plan that includes therapeutic exercise.
Physical Therapy Experts
Many patients believe they know how to exercise properly. The physical therapy specialist is educated and trained to provide a proper rehabilitation that will first give relief, and more importantly, enable a more active life.
Are you ready to work with a physical therapist? Give Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation of NY & CT a call.
Can Physical Therapy Help You?
- Do you suffer from pain due to your physical job?
- Do you suffer from a repetitive motion syndrome?
- Do you have a muscle, bone or joint injury?
- Have you had a heart attack or stroke?
You may need the help of a physical therapist.
Physical Therapy Treatments are designed to help you:
- Increase motion and strength
- Reduce pain
- And most importantly, restore function.
Key Benefits of Physical Therapy
- Evaluate your physical problems
- Increase and maintain your muscle strength and endurance
- Restore and increase your joint range of motion
- Increase your coordination
- Decrease your pain
- Decrease your muscle spasm and plasticity
- Decrease the swelling and inflammation of your joints
- Promote the healing of your soft tissue lesions
- Prevent contracture and deformity of your limbs
- Alleviate your walking problems
- Education for you and your family
Decrease your stress
Schedule an Appointment
Patients are self referred for physical therapy or referred by health care professionals. Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation of NY & CT is well respected among the larger health care professional community.
If you suffer from acute or chronic pain, or other musculoskeletal disorders, or to find out more about Physical Therapy and Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation of NY & CT’s Approach, contact us now.